Monday, May 4, 2009



So Derek and I went to Fruita, CO last weekend for our first all-nighter MTB race together. It didn't go so well. For those of you that know Derek you won't be surprised. Derek had to sleep and we lost first place, and then second place because he thought we could take breaks. I tried to tell him that it is serious racing, NO BREAKS between laps! Anyhow, it was fun. Better luck next time!

(The race was the 18 Hours of Fruita. We raced it duo which means we alternate taking laps like a relay race for 18 hours. A lap took about 30 minutes.)

So we set up camp next to this swank SportMobile. (jealous) This awesome couple, MaryLynn and Tim from Jackson, WY taught us a few things about camping. We were so intrigued that we went to the Bookcliffs and camped with them another night.

I have a top secret margarita recipe now. I wonder if MaryLynn minds if I share? YUMMY!

2 comments:

Tim Bradshaw said...

Hi Guys!!! We had a blast too, and I'm on Derek's side with the sleep...

The margarita recipe is yours to share for sure and the least we can offer in exchange for all the bike advice, information, and labor!

It was great to meet you guys and glad we can stay in touch. The Targhee 24 hour race is Aug 29th-30th. I have one conflict but could change my schedule if you guys are interested!!

Take care - see you soon

Lisa Strong said...

we are checking on that canoe trip Tim, we'll let you know. We'd love to come up!