Sunday, October 12, 2008

I am the BIG WINNER this weekend! Twice!




Thanks to my soigneur Derek and my fancy Black Sheep custom bike, I had my first bike win(s) since moving to Colorado in 2002. This was a long time coming, in fact about 10 years in the making. I'm so proud but as you can see I have some work to do with my 2 arm salute and bike raise across the finish line. I'm new at this so give me some slack!

I'm attributing this all to Lucy and breastfeeding. Thanks Lucy!

And 2 things of note:

1. I got an email with an automatic upgrade to category 1 for my race license. Because I've never won before I didn't know this would happen. Very exciting!
2. I beat another girl on Saturday who gets paid to ride her bike full time. She's not really training for cross and this is a late, late season for her; but nonetheless it was an exciting win. The last time I beat her, Heather Irmiger, was in 1999 at Collegiate Cyclocross Nationals when I got 2nd and I think she got 4th (I was in grad school and she in undergrad). I should have won that collegiate title, the woman who won was about 40 and going to Community College for eligibility. (but who's bitter about that?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your win(s) Lisa - you go girl!!

Notorious B.I.L. said...

Lisa, great job! You looked really strong and smooth through the SAND!